Over the years, the scooter has been evolving, starting with the scooter pushed by the foot, turning into a scooter with an internal combustion engine (with gasoline) and becoming an electric scooter, powered by the force of an electric motor.
There are several theories about when and who invented the electric scooterand used it for the first time at the beginning of its creation.
According to some of the theories, the ancestor of the current electric scooter was the Autoped created as a whim for the rich several decades ago and with which they wanted to demonstrate their superiority over other social classes. Other theories say that the creator of the first electric scooter was the president of a Taiwanese company, called Gino Tsai. He created the electric scooter instead of a wheelchair, since he had problems with mobility.
Even so, the most credible theory that is supported by real historical data and dates is that of the electric scooter created by the Sovovel Electric company in Brussels. During the German occupation, in 1936, due to fuel shortages, the two brothers, founders of the company, found the alternative method for the production of their scooters, making them work with an electric force.
Since then, the electric scooter has had a long journey and with many changes on a technological and an aesthetic level.
Apart from the theories about the creation of the electric scooter, there are a few more curious facts that we would like to share with you:
- Due to the large number of traffic jams because of the heavy traffic in New York, an experiment has been conducted, in order to find alternative means of transportation. The experiment was carried out with an electric scooter and showed that, driving in the bike lane, one saves 30 minutes on each trip.
- If in a big city, 10.000 people used electric scooters instead of cars, emissions would be reduced with 35.000.000 grams daily.
- In the first 4 days after the legalization of the use of electric scooters in Germany, users made a collective trip of a total of 300.000 km.
- Electric scooters are considered the most efficient means of transport, as they are comfortable, fast, easy to transport and store and most importantly, they are eco-friendly.
- The word “scooter” was first recorded in dictionaries in 1810.
- Most users of electric scooters are men.
- Users often use electric scooters for relatively short trips and journeys.
- The use of electric scooters is more popular among young people.
- Many celebrities like Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, etc. use electric scooters in their daily routine.
Most of this data seems very surprising, but what is even more surprising is the fact that more excessive use is not applied to the electric scooters.
The ease with which electric scooters are driven and the capacity of their battery, allow users to make longer trips than they usually do. This is probably due to the feeling of lack of safety.
To overcome and neutralize this problem, the manufacturers of electric scooters create different models with different designs and a great variety of technical characteristics, each of which brings a different benefit to its user.
Obviously, half of the responsibility when referring to the safety when driving an electric scooter, depends on the user´s behaviour. The user is the one who must fulfil the driving and road safety requirements (wear the safety equipment, drive only in the permitted areas, etc.) in order to be able to ensure an 100% safe trip for both himself and the vehicles and the pedestrians.
Even so, all these facts have been very curious and fun and perfectly represent how the use of an electric scooter should be: entertaining and full of positive emotions, because life is an endless journey and above all, it is joyful.
Joyor Electric Scooter is the company that drives the new electric mobility concept in Europe by bringing to the market the widest range of electric scooters for any taste or need. Joyor is an electric and foldable scooter designed for personal transportation and leisure. Fast, durable, solid, safe and easy to ride, Joyor is designed in the Netherlands. With Joyor Scooter you can enjoy revolutionary transport made to offer a unique experience at an irresistible price.